[nycphp-talk] Is serializing object/arrays for MySQL reliable?

Alexander alex at pilgrimstudio.com
Mon Oct 23 09:19:12 EDT 2006

We are using MySQL5 to store serialized and compressed(gzip) page state
data for the PRADO framework. After some magic with tables and
application configuration, everything is working smooth and
fast(knocking on the wood :)

Before, we were saving uncompressed serialized objects, size of which
were reaching 100kb. We've faced no major problems with that, except
for(of course) performance issue...