[nycphp-talk] Native MySQL driver in PHP6

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Wed Oct 25 23:55:16 EDT 2006

Ahh more of the "if its not broke fix it anyway to add more
confusion" PHP :-)

Well Im sure the licensing thing is one item left to be resolved but
these are 2 nice improvements ...

http://www.planetmysql.org/kaj/?p=69

     *   we intend to add support for client-side query caching in
the PHP driver for MySQL, probably already to MySQL 5.1 Community Server
     * we intend to add support for a Prepared Statements cache to
the PHP driver for MySQL, also implemented on the MySQL Server

Is that a memory-based cache being discussed or file-based?  Has
anyone tried the memcache/MySQL engine?

- Jon