[nycphp-talk] Mysql question!

Ben Sgro (sk) skyline at publicmine.com
Mon Oct 30 18:57:14 EST 2006

Hello Paul

            if exists(!Customer_Info)  //Here it doesn't work, error!!!!

Is 'Customer_Info' a constant?
Otherwise I dont see how this works, its not a function (), its not a variable $..I'm not big on OOPHP some if that is some sorta construct
ignore my message.

- Ben

ps: These are some wrappers I use to make my code simpler to look at.

/* DBAS_MySQLConnect

   $sqlInfo is an array that holds values particular to the app this is used in.
   ex: $sqlInfo = array('databaseUser' => mysql, 'databasePass' => 's3cr3t');
*/
function DBAS_MySQLConnect(&$db, $sqlInfo)
{
    $cIp    = $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
    $dbName = $sqlInfo['databaseUser'];
    $dbPass = $sqlInfo['databasePass'];
    $db = mysql_pconnect("", $dbName, $dbPass);
    if ( $db )
    {
        error_log("DBAS: $cIp connected to mysql server");
    }
    else
    {
        error_log("DBAS: error connecting to mysql server");
    }
}

/* DBAS_MySQLUseDB

*/
function DBAS_MySQLUseDB($dbName, $db)
{
    $res = mysql_select_db($dbName, $db);
    if ( $res )
    {
        error_log("DBAS: using database $dbName");
    }
    else
    {
        error_log("DBAS: cannot use database $dbName");
    }
}

/* DBAS_MySQLQuery

*/
function DBAS_MySQLQuery($query, $db)
{
    $result = mysql_query($query, $db);
    if ( !$result )
    {
        $errorStr = mysql_error( $db );
        $errorNum = mysql_errno( $db );
        $errorStr = "error($errorStr):error no($errorNum)";
        error_log("DBAS: MySQL $errorStr");
    }
    return $result;
}