[nycphp-talk] Processing, please wait logic flow question

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:01:13 EST 2006

On 10/31/06, Joshua Hart <hart at saturn.med.nyu.edu> wrote:

> While we're on the subject how about for something like an image upload (say
> 20 MB)?  It would be nice to know how to give the user a "processing" page
> (perhaps even with a % done indicator)
>
> Joshua

Currently impossible with vanilla php, because the post request isn't
handed off to your scripts until after the upload has finished.

If you're feeling brave, Christian Stocker has written an extension
for php 5.2 that enables upload progress, see his blog entry from last
month: http://tinyurl.com/yxrleh

Haven't tried it, wouldn't use it in production, but quite glad to see
the possibility that we'll be able to do this in the near future!

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/