[nycphp-talk] To Smarty Or Not to Smarty: That Is The Question

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Wed Sep 6 10:52:21 EDT 2006

The curious thing is that Smarty syntax, IMHO, is not any easier than PHP.
The way you loop over arrays -- e.g., with "section", which come to think
of it is a weird name for it -- is unintuitive enough to make me have to
check the docs again every time.

<?php foreach: ?> et cetera <?php endforeach; ?>

seems simpler.

I used to be a big Smarty fan but coming under the spell of CakePHP and
seeing the intelligent way it uses/wants you to use good old PHP for
building views, my love of Smarty has cooled off.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon
probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,
and particularly describing the place to be
searched, and the persons or things to be seized.