[nycphp-talk] To Smarty Or Not to Smarty: That Is The Question

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Wed Sep 6 15:43:16 EDT 2006

inforequest wrote:
> David Mintz dmintz-at-davidmintz.org |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:
>

>> I used to be a big Smarty fan but coming under the spell of CakePHP and
>> seeing the intelligent way it uses/wants you to use good old PHP for
>> building views, my love of Smarty has cooled off.
>>

> If David Mintz switching from Smarty to Cake is not a call for a Symfony
> presentation at NYPHP, I'm a duck. I can't do it. Maybe somebody can?

<shameless self-promotion>

I'm just hoping everybody won't be too burned out on frameworks by the
time we show off our Andromeda system in October.  Delving into deeply
shameless self-promotion, I'll mention that I've done frameworks in
older architectures and can show some really mature features.  Now back
to our regularly scheduled discussion....

</shameless self-promotion>