[nycphp-talk] Cake v. Symfony

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Sep 8 11:00:01 EDT 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, inforequest wrote:

> David Mintz dmintz-at-davidmintz.org |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

> >inforequest: I thought you were a big Rails fan and Rails is so big on
> >convention over configuration, and Cake is very much in that -- tradition?
> >whatever -- whereas Symfony, it appears, makes you write or at least
> >edit reams of YAML. I know, I gotta experience it (nudge nudge).
> >

> Me? A Rails fan? Far from it. Are you one of those racist New Yorkers,
> calling me a Rails fan just because I'm in Seattle? Geesh.

Oops, my bad. My memory must have confused you with one of the other gurus
who was praising RoR on this list a while back.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon
probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,
and particularly describing the place to be
searched, and the persons or things to be seized.