[nycphp-talk] New to group and array question

Tim Lieberman tim_lists at o2group.com
Sun Sep 10 20:57:45 EDT 2006

David,

    In general, yes, use single quotes.  Using double-quotes will cause
PHP to interpret the string, and is necessary if the key has a variable
in it, for example: $myarray["something_$var"], with $var=='foo', will
get you the value of $myarray['something_foo'].

    While I'm not entirely sure about how you're echoing stuff, try just
not putting the array reference inside the string.  Instead, use the
concatenation operator ".":

    echo 'You are ' . $user['username'] . '.  Last login: ' .
$user['last_login']';