[nycphp-talk] Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6 Install Failures on Windows XP

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Sun Sep 17 14:10:40 EDT 2006

Can anyone tell me what combination of PHP 5.x and Apache 2.x they have been
able to
successfully install on Windows XP, without going through the issues noted
below:

Got a new laptop. I'm doing a latest Apache/MySQL/PHP install on Windows XP.

On starting Apache without the PHP 5 LoadModule directives, all systems are
go and
I am serving non-PHP web pages live from localhost.

On starting Apache with the PHP 5 LoadModule, Apache fails to start,
throwing an error like:
"httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 116 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundati
on/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/php5apache2.dll into
server:"

Is this a known issue to you? Has anyone bested this installation error
state?

Has anyone had to look at and follow the php.net User Contributed Notes
here:
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php

Has anyone had to download this set of files and follow the suggested
directions at:
http://www.apachelounge.com/download/php5apache2.dll-php5.1.x.zip
...where one overwrites the original "php5apache2.dll" with a new one among
other steps?

____________________________

My personal Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6 installation effort details include:

Using Apache 2.2.3 and loading PHP 5 as a module with these directives in
http.conf:
LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"

Installed PHP 5.1.6 to C:\PHP. Added the C:\PHP path to the System
environment variables.
Added new environmant variable PHPRC = "C:\PHP"

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Director
PSWebcode