[nycphp-talk] Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6 Install Failures on Windows XP

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sun Sep 17 15:51:17 EDT 2006

At 02:10 PM 9/17/2006, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me what combination of PHP 5.x and Apache 2.x they have been
>able to
>successfully install on Windows XP, without going through the issues noted
>below:

I use the route of least resistance and make use of apachefriends.org
XAMPP. Just installed it today on a box without a problem. It wasn't XP.
<rant>I don't use XP since it breaks quite some stuff, takes double the
space and lets you do half the stuff compared to W2k. Especially SP2
malicously broke Flash, which caused me a lot of trouble at work and many
complaining customers. XP sucks and from what I've seen in Vista RC1 it
gets even worse. IMHO W2k is the only usable Windope version. Microsoft
must have bought it from someone.</rant>

www.apachefriends.org will for sure get you closer to where you want to go.

David Krings