[nycphp-talk] pcntl_fork() assistance

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 18:15:03 EDT 2006

csnyder,

yea i noticed that but thought MAMP would have had that enabled but i guess
not.  I have been fighting trying to get php to compile on the mac from
source.  I am not using the built in apache so the php.net docs are no
help.  It keeps tripping up when ,/configure is looking for zlib.

I am not that familiar with compiling php from source but it seens straight
forward until it trips up like this :D

I am not sure what zlib file it is looking for and i could not find a binary
zlib on my system.

/usr/include/bzlib.h
/usr/include/zlib.h
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.0/zlib.bundle
/usr/lib/zlibtclConfig.sh
/usr/share/man/man3/zlib.3
/usr/share/man/mann/crc-zlib.n
/usr/share/ri/1.8/system/Zlib/zlib_version-i.yaml
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/lbxzlib.h

is what locate comes up with, aside from stuff bundled with other apps.

If ANYONE has any resources i could read about compiling LAMP on the mac i
would appreciate it.  Everyone is telling me to just go with a precompiled
package and would if any of them enabled pcntl :)

Thanks,

--
Joseph Crawford Jr.
Zend Certified Engineer