[nycphp-talk] pcntl_fork() assistance

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:40:37 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Joseph Crawford <codebowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> i am not sure because in /usr/local i have an mysql dir and an
> mysql-standard-5.0.24a-osx10.4-powerpc-64bit  I am not sure
> why there are 2

Use ls -l ... the one named mysql is a symbolic link to the one name
mysql-standard-xxx.

> checking for MySQL support... no
> checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
> checking for MySQLi support... yes
> checking whether to enable embedded MySQLi support... no
> mysql_config not found
> configure: error: Please reinstall the mysql distribution

So is there a file at /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config ? Cause that's
what php seems to be having trouble finding.

Based on my experience (and this has worked on at least three Macs),
you need all three of:

'--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql'
'--with-mysql-sock=/private/tmp/mysql.sock'
'--with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config'

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/