[nycphp-talk] data sync

Michael Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:52:45 EDT 2006

Not to be a subversion zealot but I've been using it to back up my
home directory for a while now and it's great. I have a web hosting
account with dreamhost (that's not a plug nor a recommendation) and
they have subversion available. I have a directory in my /home called
mikesfiles and I put things I need backed up in there. All I have to
do is check the stuff in and out.  It works out for me because I
never know what state my home pc or my laptop will be in, so it's a
remote backup solution in a sense.

I'm sure other syncing software can do the job but it really is worth
it if you know subversion already, because it's F/OSS, and it does
offer many other options, especially in a case where you have a
secure remote machine holding your files. It's actually saved my butt
a few times where I forgot my laptop and needed some files that I had
in my repo.

-Mike