[nycphp-talk] Help -- header redirection problem

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Tue Sep 26 18:01:40 EDT 2006

I have a short script that redirects pages to http or https as required,
but am having problems.

The function works fine, but hiccups once output buffering is turned on.
Unfortunately, some redirection can't occur until after output buffering
is on - legacy code.

I though redirection should work fine though because I clean the output
buffer as follows:

ob_end_clean();
header("Location: https://$path");
exit;

Firefox gives me the following error message:

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Any ideas? I'm pulling my hair out.

Cliff
Pinestream Communications, Inc.
Publisher of Semiconductor Times & Telecom Trends
52 Pine Street, Weston, MA 02493 USA
Tel: 781.647.8800, Fax: 781.647.8825
http://www.pinestream.com <http://www.pinestream.com/>