[nycphp-talk] Cart

Edgar Reyes ereyes at totalcreations.com
Fri Sep 29 16:05:19 EDT 2006

Thanks for the tip..

ER

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org [mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org] On
Behalf Of csnyder
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 9:59 AM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] Cart

On 9/28/06, Chris Merlo <chris at theyellowbox.com> wrote:
> On 9/28/06, Edgar Reyes <ereyes at totalcreations.com> wrote:
> > I think ImageMagic can generate EPS files, I remember reading something
> about it, will have to go back and look into that.
> Check this out:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/a2ping/
> A Perl script (oh, the horrors!) that can turn just about anything into
just
> about anything else.  I've used it before for .eps files.

I assume the point of converting to EPS is so the text is in vector
format and can therefore be enlarged indefinitely without loss of
quality.

Whatever you use to generate the image, be sure that the text isn't
rasterized (converted to bitmap) before you export. It seems like the
pslib functions (http://us2.php.net/ps) or any of the PDF-generating
tools that have been mentioned here before might be a better way to go
than either GD or ImageMagick.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/