[nycphp-talk] Upgrade Firebug

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Sun Apr 8 20:36:14 EDT 2007

On Apr 7, 2007, at 11:39 PM, Jon Baer wrote:

> Im sure this also affects FirePHP as well but ...
>
> Just saw this via an RSS feed, if you use Firebug make sure to
> upgrade ....
>
> http://www.gnucitizen.org/projects/firebug-goes-evil/
>
> - Jon

Very interesting... thanks for the heads up.  With Firebug, you can
set it so that it's only enabled for certain sites.  I've been only
enabling it for sites I want to debug and it seems that
vulnerabilities like this are a reason to keep doing it that way.
Limiting the number of sites that Firebug is enabled on also seems to
help keep Firefox from hogging tons of memory too.

-Rob