[nycphp-talk] Single Sign On Questions

Timothy Boyden tboyden at supercoups.com
Mon Apr 9 11:36:28 EDT 2007

Hey Joe,

When I was at MIT we used certificates for multi-domain SSO
authentication (and authorization). I also have looked into other types
of SSO schemes and from a security and implementation stand-point
certificates look to be the best tool for the job. Here is a link to
MIT's user documentation on their certificate system:
http://web.mit.edu/ist/topics/certificates/

As far as the technical implementation goes, I found a lot of good
information by Googling. But if you contact someone in MIT's IT group
I'm sure they could provide some specifics on their implementation.

I'm not sure it could be implemented using Network Solutions type
hosting service, but something like SSO across multiple domains would
require a more extensive setup then they could provide anyways.

-Tim

---------------------------
Timothy Boyden
Network Administrator

SuperCoups(r)

350 Revolutionary Drive | E. Taunton, MA 02718
508-977-2034  | www.supercoups.com

We Support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation,
"Fighting Childhood Cancer One Cup At A Time"
Donations Accepted at: www.firstgiving.com/SuperCoups
Local Coupons. Super Savings.(r)