[nycphp-talk] Single Sign On Questions

Flavio daCosta nyphp at n0p.net
Mon Apr 9 14:18:45 EDT 2007

Sounds to me like you are almost there just missing a step.

> However if you then go to another site
> say eredirectory.com it will not see you logged in because no cookie
> is set so you again have to click the login button.

At this point, you should be redirecting them back to your SSO server
(ere.net) (as opposed to showing a login form) and automatically logging
them in if the ere.net cookie is present.

[re]Read through the list on page 340 and 341 of Advanced PHP
Programming very carefully and study the figures 13.1 and 13.2.  It make
take a few times to click, but it really does describe the process well.

flav

P.S. if you would like a bit more explanation, I would be happy to help
via IM (send via personal mail) or irc.freenode.net ##php (n0p)