[nycphp-talk] Anybody using JSON parser?

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Fri Apr 13 17:13:23 EDT 2007

Andromeda uses its own syntax for data files, which I would love to get
rid of.

JSON strikes me as a worthy candidate.  Is anybody using it on the
server-side with enough confidence to answer this question:  Can I type
a file of JSON stuff by hand and convert it easily into a nested
associative array?

The example from andromeda would be:

table table_name {
   module: demo;

  column example { primary_key: Y; }
}

which we convert into an associative array:

$tables['table_name'] = array(
   'module'=>'demo'
   ,'description'=>'My Table Name'
   ,'column'=>array(
      'example'=>array('primary_key'=>'Y')
  )
);

The only real need I have is a syntax that can easily specify
property-value pairs and nested elements which have their own
property-value pairs and their own nested elements and so on.

--
Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.