[nycphp-talk] Anybody using JSON parser?

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Sat Apr 14 00:08:50 EDT 2007

Kenneth Downs wrote on Friday, April 13, 2007 5:13 PM:
> Andromeda uses its own syntax for data files, which I would love to
> get rid of.
>
> JSON strikes me as a worthy candidate.  Is anybody using it on the
> server-side with enough confidence to answer this question:  Can I
> type a file of JSON stuff by hand and convert it easily into a nested
> associative array?

I can't answer that question specifically, but I can say that we've been
using the JSON functionality in 5.2 quite heavily for some social networking
applications and it's been solid.

Whether someone wants to write config files in it is another matter :)
Personally, I'd recommend XML for that.

---
Hans Zaunere / President / New York PHP
    www.nyphp.org  /  www.nyphp.com