[nycphp-talk] Send HTML mail with Javascript function

Billy Reisinger billy.reisinger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 22:17:07 EDT 2007

I think you meant that HTTP is for port 80.  HTML is a markup
language, not a protocol.  Anyway, you can use HTTP on any port.
Port 80 is what is webservers conventionally listen to.

HTML in email is difficult mostly because there are so many email
clients with different ideas of how to implement the HTML DOM.  Think
about it: not even the two major browsers on the market today can
agree on this (Firefox, IE).

I agree that it's a waste of time, but sometimes you don't have
control over whether you have to do something like this or not.

Billy