[nycphp-talk] Subscription Billing and Querying account status

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Mon Apr 30 10:25:40 EDT 2007

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyline) wrote:
> Hello Kenneth,
>
> The first, but most likely both situations.

I haven't done the first, but I have done the second.  We do it the
other way around from what you are describing.  When a person
subscribes, we send them to paypal for payment.  When the paypal success
call comes through, we mark them subscribed to whatever issues they have
paid for.  From there we don't have to ask paypal, we just query our own
database on each resource access attempt.

> - Ben

Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.