[nycphp-talk] Incomplete Objects, Class Definitions and require_once

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Mon Aug 6 10:34:03 EDT 2007

On Aug 5, 2007, at 10:09 PM, Michael B Allen wrote:
> It seems you must require_once the class of the object stored in
> the session before
> calling session_start.

I was recently playing around with the memcache extension to see what
happens if you get something that hasn't been defined and got this
error (using php 4.4.6)"

  "The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an
incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition user of
the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the
session was started in [filename] on [line number]"

So that version of the error probably would have helped you more.  In
5.2.3, I don't get any error, but when I print_r on the object, it
shows this type:  __PHP_Incomplete_Class Object

-Rob