[nycphp-talk] I WOULD LIKE TO UNSUBSCRIBE

michael francis mfran1952 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 00:57:52 EDT 2007

Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote: Josh McCormack wrote:
> Do you have any recommended reading on XML CMS? Do you know of any
> that are open source and in a useful state?

Several people asked me this so rather than responding individually I
just wrote up some thogughts and put them here:

http://cafe.elharo.com/xml/the-state-of-native-xml-databases/

The final word on this subject has not yet been written, but I think
this is a decent summary of what's available in the native XML DB space
as of August, 2007.

Roughly I think we're where SQL was in 1995: some good payware products
and some iffy but promising open source options. I expect the open
source options will improve into production worthy systems with time,
just as MySQL and PostgresQL did over the last decade.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!

NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
http://www.nyphpcon.com