[nycphp-talk] Is there something wrong with this SQL query in PHP?

Carlos A Hoyos cahoyos at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 14 15:37:12 EDT 2007

> I have been staring at this for about a week and it is turning into
> a mind bender.  Here is the code excerpt:

I'm sure you'll get plenty of comments on not directly passing a posted
variable to your query, as you're app is open to sql injection, so I'll
leave it at that.

On quick inspection, function mysql_fetch_assoc only takes one parameter...
this might be a problem. mysql_fetch_assoc

If not, you can try echoing the whole query (echo $query).. that way you'll
know what command is being passed to mysql... run it on the command line
and see if it is returning anything.

Carlos Hoyos