[nycphp-talk] fgetcsv and German characters

Stephen Musgrave stephen at capellic.com
Wed Aug 15 09:13:16 EDT 2007

All -

Thanks for your suggestions.  We ran out of time on addressing this
issue (technically), so we decided to "Romanize" (boooo!) the
input.    I know, I do feel like a defeatist, but it's not my
budget!  I did not use mb_detect_encoding, but that sounds like
something that would help.

And the chant goes up:  UTF-8!  UTF-8!  UTF-8!