[nycphp-talk] Search of directories and files on my web server

Aaron Fischer agfische at email.smith.edu
Thu Aug 16 13:36:03 EDT 2007

Dan, thanks that did the trick.  I had various echo statements in my
original script but took them out for purposes of posting succinct
code to the list.

I didn't use grep because I don't have any exposure or experience
with it.  It was mentioned as an option during my original post but I
was hesitant to try the unknown path given the duress I was under
from time constraints.

Any suggestions for a good grep tutorial/resource on the web?  I'm
interested in adding it to my tool belt for future use.

In going back and looking at the one or two grep examples, it seems
that it might be a much simpler and more efficient way of solving
this problem.

Cheers,

-Aaron