[nycphp-talk] Webserver file access

Anthony Wlodarski aw at sap8.com
Fri Aug 17 14:25:23 EDT 2007

Let us talk about theoretical here.  If the owner of the web root folder is
"root" (/var/www/html), should it be changed to the Apache group that is
created normally.  I did a few checks in the /etc/group file and the apache
group does exist as well my account on the box is part of that group, should
the web root group be changed apache to make sure that only users of the
Apache group have controls?

Anthony Wlodarski

Senior Technical Recruiter

Shulman Fleming & Partners