[nycphp-talk] UPS Shipping Calculator

Timothy Boyden tboyden at supercoups.com
Mon Aug 20 15:40:34 EDT 2007

I guess the difference is an insignificant matter.

To me, and I think to others who feel the same way, there is a
difference between saying -  "a good example is this (including possibly
a code snippet) from PHP in a Nutshell by O'Reilly Publishing"  - where
it is obvious that you need to go to a library or buy the book, and a
response like  - "Yeah, I did that, but you have to go pay for my code
that some magazine published to find out how to do it".

The first example is helpful, informative and courteous, while the
second example - though ultimately helpful if you choose to pay for the
articles - is nothing more than an advertising plug that only benefits
the magazine.