[nycphp-talk] Accessing First Element of Array

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Sun Aug 26 21:52:50 EDT 2007

Hmmm I dunno, if that was more towards "what was the way to access
the first element of a hash?" I would say ok, but Im still convinced
most would see an "array" as an object numerically indexed.

But current() it is :-)  Time to rewrite all those PHP books ...

On a side note to why the example does not work as expected - (I
think it came up on the list way back):

The docs do not specify this, but adding to the array using the
brackets syntax:
      $my_array[] = $new_value;
will not advance the internal pointer of the array. therefore, you
cannot use current() to get the last value added or key() to get the
key of the most recently added element.

- Jon