[nycphp-talk] Linux editors

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Tue Aug 28 13:17:27 EDT 2007

pyurt wrote:
> Using Eclipse do you map your local directories to a web server?
> Do you save your local files in a browser accessible folder?

Short...
Yes, but a local server.
Yes.

Long...
Locally I'm running apache2 and set up each project as a virtualhost
subdomain, like
project1.example.com
project2.example.com
project3.example.com
project4.example.com
and so on and then update my hosts file to point those subdomains to
localhost.

My directory stucture looks something like this
/home/example/www/com/project1
/home/example/www/com/project3
/home/example/www/net/project2
/home/example/www/org/project4

Also, I have a similar setup on my win32 box.
D:\W\com\project1
D:\W\com\project3
etc...

Each folder is an eclipse project, and I have bazaar (or subversion)
ignore the eclipse files (.project, .settings, .cache, etc).  I don't
use Eclipse's workspace directory for anything project-related.

As for how they map to the live sites, they don't in any specific way.
Each project has a different directory structure due to differing
servers/needs.  I handle those differences in configuration files.