[nycphp-talk] Two part question: Shopping carts & E-commerce

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyLine) ben at projectskyline.com
Wed Aug 29 13:16:29 EDT 2007

Hello again,

I looked at shopify, seems cool but only supports google and paypal.
I dont *think* my client wants to use them. But I will double check.
I've worked with the paypal IPN system for subscriptions only.
Never with a cart or multiple items.

John Campbell asked which of the two options my client wanted to use:
I believe they want to use miva merchant to process the cards.

Now, I've read through all the emails and I still don't have a firm grasp
on how that works. I looked on wikipedia for a nice explanation of an
e-commerce transaction, but didn't find it. Anyone know of a graphical
flow chart style explanation with details on each parties responsiblity
and where they fit.

Anyways, the items they are selling are misc hardware items, for wells,
filters, bolts, etc. All tangible goods they will be shipping.

So, if I am to use miva merchant, where does the shopping cart come into
play? I'm assume I have to find a shoping cart that works with Miva
merchant.

- Ben