[nycphp-talk] PHP Question -- SID in Oracle

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Tue Dec 4 11:42:51 EST 2007

Julia Sheehy wrote:

> I could instead use: $conn = OCILogon($dbuser, $dbpass, $dbtns);
>
> $dbuser = 'myadminuserid';
> $dbpass = 'myadminpassword';
> $dbtns = 'testerverX';
>
> and $dbtns  is a variable I can recall accurately.  This is fine as long
> as the web app can resolve the TNS on it's own (in the config)
>
> I am playing with this and am hopeful that it will work

You might consider creating a table called version_info
(or something like that) with things in it like last date of
modification to the schema, and maybe whether the database
is for QA, Dev, or Production.

Then you can check if you're in the right place.

(I mean instead of just relying on access denied when
someone mungs the config file and forgets to point it
to right SID)

--

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com