[nycphp-talk] Managing form data with PHP

Tony Furnivall tonyf at buffnet.net
Tue Dec 11 13:16:01 EST 2007

Newbie request -

I want to handle a form by redisplaying the submitted data, along
with error information. Eg one of the forms has two dates (a FromDate
and a ToDate) as well as an identifier. The usual error conditions
apply to the dates - valid form, From <= To, etc.

What I'd like to be able to do is to have a stack of error messages
which identify a field in error, and the set of associated error
messages. Ideally the fields in error would be shaded to indicate the
severity of the error (no shading = fine; yellow shading=warning; red
shading=error), and would also allow the user to see the list of
errors for a field by hovering over the field.

The 'pretty' enhancements are relatively easy - but I'm having a
problem trying to get the form data to redisplay.

Any pointers? ideas? suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony