[nycphp-talk] Apache fails on startup after reinstalling PHP

Tony Furnivall tonyf at buffnet.net
Mon Dec 17 18:26:35 EST 2007

Hi!

I'm trying to re-install Apache, version 2.0.59 (running with PHP
5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0.45). The problem arises when trying to restart
Apache after installing PHP. Before this step, I get the Apache logo,
and everything seems fine.

Installation of PHP goes fine, and all the .ini and .conf files are
updated, but when Apache tries to start I get a long list of missing
DLLs. The list includes:

LIBEAY32.dll
sqlite.dll
aspell-15.dll
DB2CLI.dll
ICLIT09B.dll
intl3_svn.dll
isqlt09a.dll
lcrzo.dll
libcs.dll
libmonetra.dll
libSQLDBC_C.dll
OCI.dll
OCIW32.dll

Two of the files are identifiable in closely related (but different) names:

LIBEAY32.dll		4 different versions of libeay32.dll!
sqlite.dll		as php_sqlite.dll

Does anyone have any ideas how to track these files down? I have a
note from an earlier installation (February 2006) that restarting
Apache after installing PHP was 'tricky', but in my eagerness back
then, I went no further towards noting just how tricky it had been (:-()

I'm guessing that the references are coming from php5apache.dll, but
the files weren't in the PHP distro!

Thanks for any advice!

Tony