[nycphp-talk] Need some JS / HTML help

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Dec 22 16:43:24 EST 2007

Hi!

I have this hyperlink
<a
href="http://localhost:8080/file:/F:/piviviewer/include/help/en_us/Default_CSH.htm#100">?</a>
that I use to access context sensitive webhelp. The link works fine and the
help shows. That is the good part, the bad part is that all my tries to make
it show up in a new window so far didn't even do something. I am basically at
this point:
echo "<a
onClick=\"javascript:window.open('".$href."','HelpWindow',toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,copyhistory=no,resizable=yes');\">?</a><noscript><a
href=\"".$href."\">?</a></noscript>";

Obviously, something is majorly wrong with that. I did check the O'Reilly
HTML&XHTML Definitie Guide to make sure that the a link has the onClick event.
After getting this to work I also want to attach it to a button, which should
be the same call.

Anyone has a good idea on how to craft this? I'm just at the end of my very
limited HTML latin.

Thanks in advance!

David