[nycphp-talk] Introduction

Phillip B. Roberts philliproberts at developersshack.com
Thu Feb 1 11:38:46 EST 2007

Hello All... Just wanted to make a brief introduction.

I am stuck down here on the eastern shore of Maryland where I couldn't
seem to find a PHP User Group to save my life, I have a friend who is a
member of the Boston PHP User Group, through him I stumbled upon the NY
Group. I will be in Boston on the 28th of Feburary for their meeting.

Anyway, my wife and I travel to NYC quite a bit, so I hope to meet some
fellow phper's at some events.

I have been working with php on and off since about 1998, never really
got serious about it until I got sick of my last job as a network
administrator and quit, afterwhich I realized I have two kids and a wife
and need to put food on the table. Picked up a project to write a leads
focused website for a local real estate broker. Project is a little bit
of a big bite to chew for me, but I am muddling my way through it and
learning a lot. Anyway, through the project I have become obsessed with
MVC theory and OOP, so have fallen in love with php5.

I am also in the process of building a company called the BMP group in
MD that focuses on developing PHP apps, our main focus however is going
to be pushing open source technology as an alternative to Windows /
Active Directory. I feel I can replace any Windows network with a *nix
based network that runs better, with a lower TCO than any Windows
network.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you, and learning, and
teaching php! :)

Thanks,
--
Phillip B. Roberts <philliproberts at developersshack.com>