[nycphp-talk] testing a theory

Urb LeJeune urb at e-government.com
Tue Feb 6 21:12:14 EST 2007

I did a performance test on just this type of thing and there was no
discernable difference. Why not do the following which makes the
code much easier to follow and modify

$Content=<<<Content
this is the start of a bunch of lines.
another line,
yet another.
Content;

echo $Content;

It's called a "here document" structure and can include variables.

One note of caution. There can be no spaces at the end of either the
first or second "Content" and the last one must begin in column one.

Urb