[nycphp-talk] capricious submission of forms

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Feb 12 19:02:53 EST 2007

Chris Snyder wrote:
> Captchas are vulnerable to the porn-in-the-middle attack, but
> you would have to have some really hot porn in order to post
> large volumes of spam across millions of sites.

You'd just need enough traffic to teach a tool like PWNtcha, and that's
only necessary for unique CAPTCHAs. Existing libraries are probably
already covered.

Employing a CAPTCHA raises the bar, but there are less annoying ways to
do that. Can you tell I'm not a fan? :-)

Before anyone notes my hypocrisy, my blog requires people to indicate my
first name in order to post a comment, and although I might adopt a
better approach, at least this approach is accessible.

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett
http://shiflett.org/