[nycphp-talk] capricious submission of forms

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Wed Feb 14 14:19:34 EST 2007

Tedd Sperling wrote:
> I've tried that scheme before, but it was shot down by the
> accessibility movement. No matter how simple the questions, it
> was problematic.

Asking users to enter my first name is no less accessible than asking
them to provide their own. What is this accessibility movement?

> I also developed a scheme that said something like "Pick the
> third letter" (TIMY), but then it didn't deal with the dyslectic
> very well.

That's understandable, but it doesn't really support the "no matter how
simple" claim.

> CAPTCHA looks simple, but it's not.

Tried to register a Yahoo account lately? They don't look so simple to
me. :-)

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett