[nycphp-talk] PHP/SQL ECommerce Solutions

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Thu Feb 15 15:52:50 EST 2007

I need a "digital soft goods" feature. Lots of carts support software
downloads, but I need the ability to issue unique "PIN #s" for things like
phone cards, gift cards, etc. These aren't randomly generated (although they
could be), but are actually uniquely "picked" from inventory.

The litecommerce egoods module implements this feature really well.
Surprisingly Xcart doesn't, although the company will "develop" it for you
for a fee. (they probably have it in stock!). I got quotes both ways, and it
was cheaper to take the stock litecommerce, although I'd rather have 100%
open source code and Smarty templates, not Flexy. I may just have it
developed and flip to X-cart in the future. Or a full custom cart for
complete control.

I'm sure some oscommerce module has this, along with other carts. I looked
around and saw some half-baked versions, but couldn't find a good example
anywhere else. And oscommerce scares me. Didn't find a Zencart equivalent
either.

Btw, "reskinning" litecommerce now. Major tedium -- feels like a complete
waste of time, although I would guess its the same for most any
off-the-shelf cart.