[nycphp-talk] Best practice for escaping data

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:51:20 EST 2007

On 2/15/07, Chris Shiflett <shiflett at php.net> wrote:

> http://nyphp.org/phundamentals/storingretrieving.php

Thanks for the link, Chris. I have been looking over your PHP security
book, the PHP Cookbook and Programming PHP tonight to try to refresh
myself on this topic. This article will help immensely.

> As an aside, your filtering looks very lenient. What is the purpose of
> that particular function?

That function basically is supposed to only allow the characters that
are included in the regex. The more and more I look at it, the more
and more I realize that it's just been bad from the start.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications