[nycphp-talk] PHP/SQL ECommerce Solutions

Fee, Patrick J (US SSA) patrick.fee at baesystems.com
Fri Feb 16 12:34:15 EST 2007

While we are on the topic of 'carts, I wanted to chime in.
I thought I could share a good experience with all of you.

A couple of years ago I need to put together a cart, but the customer
(a folk signing duo) wanted to do something without spending a lot of
money... and then expand later.

If you find yourself with zero time, or perhaps very little money, or
even hosting somewhere where SSL and a secure connection is not an
option, might I suggest Americart.

I was able to easily set up a catalog area that looked like the rest of
their site very easily, allow for different shipping and group rates and
specials.  And all the actual ordering and reception of the credit card
info happened on the Americart site for a flat fee.  Credit card info
could be done in real time (which they did later), or the info could be
stored securely and their office person could get it and run it through
the credit card machine in the office.

If this would ever help anyone, I'd be happy to get more detailed.  I
just thought someone might have to add a cart to an existing site on
spec, or with a miniscule budget, and this might help as a
platform/application independent interim solution.

Have a great day

Patrick J. Fee
IT Software Analysis Solutions Group Manager
Tel: (301) 231-1418
Cel: (240) 401-6820
Fax: (301) 231-2635
Patrick.Fee at BAESystems.com
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."
                         --- Marianne Williamson