[nycphp-talk] yui or yui-ext php framework

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Sun Feb 18 13:42:15 EST 2007

Well I think the trend in any of the PHP frameworks is to let you
pick and choose which JavaScript UI library you want to use (and not
forcefully decide for you & proxy it out w/ your own helpers) ... ie

<?php echo $javascript->link('yui/ext/Widget') ?>

The thing about the YUI classes is that when they are full blown
widgets it leads to having to reproduce (not DRY) alot of that
customization code in PHP again when you are probably only going to
use little of it.  With that in mind CakePHP is very flexible like
that but does not have a library built in to reproduce the YUI
widgets but think it would not be hard to create a helper to do (so
in a nutshell it "supports" all the JS libs).

(+ the conspiracy was just a bad joke ;-)

- Jon