[nycphp-talk] Re: talk Digest, Vol 4, Issue 39

Nate Abele nate at cakephp.org
Tue Feb 20 12:07:22 EST 2007

The days of the one-size-fits-all shopping cart are dead.  What's
needed is a toolkit which provides developers with the basic
functionality required to implement a cart, i.e. payment processing
libraries, interfaces to shipping APIs, customer authentication and
order persistence.  If done right, a solution like this could allow
developers to get up and running faster than would be possible with
an entirely custom solution *or* a canned solution.  Not to mention
it would be much more extensible and maintainable over the long-term.

- Nate