[nycphp-talk] /etc/php.ini changes aren't picked up immediately?

David A. Roth rothmail at comcast.net
Mon Feb 26 09:07:39 EST 2007

The system:
CentOS 4.4 x86_64
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-42.0.8.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Jan 30
12:18:01 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
PHP 4.3.9 (cgi) (built: Feb 21 2007 06:31:24)

I noticed changes I made to the /etc/php.ini didn't take effect
immediately. Calling it a night, I turned off the system, and when I
brought it back up this morning the changes were there. Is this normal
behavior? I mean, there is no php process to start and stop process.
Should rebooting a system after making changes to the /etc/php.ini be
considered normal?

I was changing the settings on these two in the /etc/php.ini to make
Joomla happy.
Magic Quotes GPC:
Display Errors:

The only other thing different on this system is I installed webmin
which I noticed has a PHP configuration menu. I don't know if there is
a possible conflict there or not.

Thanks,

David Roth
rothmail at comcast.net