[nycphp-talk] Followup: Going weekly rate for phpdeveloper/coderin NYC these days?

Nicholas Tang ntang at communityconnect.com
Thu Jan 18 13:40:16 EST 2007

I guess that's the difference between full-time employees at good
companies vs. bad ones: I've told the CEO his idea was stupid before and
after he got over the shock we had a discussion about why and moved on
with it.  At a lot of companies it would've gotten me fired (and I
wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone else, but I was having a bad
day and he was being insistent), but that's why I'm not working at those
companies.

There are always politics and always gotchas, but I wouldn't work at any
company where I wouldn't feel comfortable being honest (censoring myself
to avoid insulting people is fine - i.e. "I don't agree with that idea"
vs. "That idea is stupid", but censoring myself to support bad ideas is
not).  I expect the people that report into me to tell me when I'm
screwing something up, and I expect my bosses to be able to take it when
I tell them the same.

Nicholas