[nycphp-talk] Followup: Going weekly rate for phpdeveloper/coderin NYC these days?

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Jan 18 14:53:32 EST 2007

>Taxes - Uncle Sam wants his cut too, the figure varies but it's
>somewhere between 25 - 30% of your pay...

OFF-TOPIC

US Federal taxes currently vary from 28 to 38 percent and that's not
counting the 15.2 required FICA tax that you and your employer share
in paying. Nor does it cover the cost of preparing taxes (i.e., tax
preparer, book keeper, the time you waste).

I figured it up one day and after all the Federal, State, and Local
taxes we pay in the US, we're lucky to keep 30-40 percent of what we
earn.

Back before President Reagan, I was forced to immediately (within 3
days) pay 50 percent of what I made to the Federal government. The
combination of federal and local taxes were so bad that some
California entertainers (Arthur Godfrey for one) were required to pay
105 percent of their earnings. Only government can think that it's
fair to tax you more than what you make.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

tedd
--
-------