[nycphp-talk] unbelievable

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 22:15:44 EST 2007

On 1/30/07, edward potter <edwardpotter at gmail.com> wrote:

> To all my php buds.  I hate to say this, but I have seen some recent
> CL posts for USA based, Graduate students with (as they quote) a
> number of years of php experience, that are billing at $10 an hour.

The company that I work for, I think we pay $7-$12 an hour for our
developers in India. They are strictly Java, JSP, Struts, Maverick and
the like.

Don't be fooled though. You get what you pay for.

I've seen in so many times where it takes 3-4 times as long to *get it
right* than it should. It all adds up. It just looks good when you are
doing estimates for multi-million dollar jobs, because you can
estimate thousands of hours of development time at ridiculously low
prices. But when it comes down to delivery, and things start to fail
and take longer than they should -- well, that's when reality hits the
client.

--
Randal Rust