[nycphp-talk] Questions to ask at a job interview?

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Jul 8 19:34:26 EDT 2007

At 1:40 PM -0400 7/8/07, Urb LeJeune wrote:
>>This is trivial:
>>number of matches required to get a winner = number of players - 1
>>explanation:
>>one match eliminates one player
>>every player but one must be eliminated to have a winner
>>therefore.......

Only if there are no draws.

Was it given that every match had only two players and each match
resulted in one winner and one loser? If so, I didn't see it.

If draws are allowed, then there is no answer.

If you like these sort of brain teasers, then try taking the LSAT
sometime. I think you'll find the questions a bit more difficult.
But, does answering questions like that prove lawyers make better
programmers? I would like to think not.

Cheers,

tedd
--